If you have received an email from RefNow to complete a reference then please read this quick guide below:
Why am I being asked to provide references via RefNow?
RefNow allows companies to collect references faster and easier and will make an application process faster with the organisation requesting the references. It also makes the references easier to complete for referees from desktop, mobile or tablet devices 24/7.
How do I provide my referee details?
By clicking the Complete Reference button you will be taken to an online form which will ask the following information to be provided:
Employment confirmation - You will be asked to review and confirm the following details are correct for this request. You may also edit and correct any inaccurate information.
- Your Name - Confirm this is your name.
- Company Name - Confirm the company name the person was employed at relating to this reference request.
- Their Job Title - Confirm the job title of the person you are providing this reference for.
- Their Start Date - Confirm the job start date of the person you are providing this reference for.
- Their End Date - Confirm the job end date of the person you are providing this reference for.
Information about Yourself- You will be asked to provide the following information about yourself in relation to your position during the dates specified in this reference request:
- Your Job Title - What is / was your job title during the dates specified for this reference request.
- Your Employment Relationship - What is / was your employment relationship with the person you are providing this reference for.
Reference Information - You will be asked to provide the following information about the person you are providing a reference for:
- What was their reason for leaving? - Why did the person you are providing this reference for leave this job.
- Would you employ them again? - Would you employ the person you are providing this reference for.
- Number of sick days in the last 12 months of employment? - How many sickness days did the person your are providing a reference for have during their final 12 months of employment with you.
- Any further comments - Do you have any further comments about the person you are providing this reference for.
What happens after I provide my reference details?
Once you have completed this reference, the information will be passed to the company who created this reference request. The company name can be found on the reference request email you received from RefNow.
What happens if I don't have some of the information requested on the reference form?
The RefNow system will ask you to provide a number of details, and some are optional so please try submitting the request without the information you do not have. If there are errors we suggest contacting your HR team for the missing details. You are also able to forward the RefNow email to the relevant person in your HR team who can then complete the reference on your behalf.
Who do I contact if I am having problems?
If you are having problems entering your reference information into the RefNow system please contact us via our dedicated ticket support here. Please provide as much details as possible about the problem you are encountering.
If you are having problems that are not related to the RefNow system but related to the reference, please contact the organisation who has requested the reference. You will see this information displayed in the email you received from RefNow.